Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission Project (JNNURM)
Improvements to South Buckingham canal like Widening and Deepening,construction of Flood Protection Wall,fencing,Providing inlet arrangements from Adayar South Lock to OkkiyamMaduvu ( from LS 0 TO 10500 m) at cost of Rs. 59.58 Crore .
Rehabilitation and Modernisation of Tanks
- Araniar - 5 Packages(64 Tanks) cost- Rs.18.19 Crore
- Kosasthalaiyar – 1 Package(10 tanks) cost Rs. 5.25 Crore
- Cheyyar & Kiliyar – 5 Packages(110 Tanks) cost Rs.17.22 Crore
3. Restoration of Traditional Water Bodies under 13th Finance commission
Restoration of Traditional water Bodies under 13th Finance Commission – Phase I & II -7 works were carried out for the following tanks at a cost of Rs.1.26 Crore.
- Mambakkam in Vellore District
- Perungalathur in Vellore District
- Veeranarayanapuram in Vellore District
- V.Pudupakkam in Villupuram District
- Vellimedu Pettai in Villupuram District
- Sembakkam in Villupuram District
- Rathinamangalam Big Tank in Kanchipuram District
- Preparation of Detailed estimate for the Scheme Repair, Renovation and Restoration of tanks with Domestic Support under XII Five Year Plan for 9 tanks in Drought Prone blocks of Vellore, District of at an amount of Rs 3.63 Crore under Govt of India Funding Pattern 90:10.(Phase I)
- Preparation of Detailed estimate for the Scheme Repair, Renovation and Restoration of tanks with Domestic Support under XII Five Year Plan for 8 tanks in Drought Prone blocks of Vellore District of at an amount of Rs 2.80 Crore under Govt of India Funding Pattern 90:10.(Phase II).