Other Circles of O & M
Workshop and Stores Circle
- This P.W. Workshops and Stores is primarily formed during the British Regime and works are undertaken as Deposit Works (Under Workshop Suspense) after collecting the required amount as advance.
- Metal Seals, Emblems, Safe lock works to Treasuries, Court Seals, Ballot Boxes are manufactured & supplied.
- Government Vehicles and Machineries are procured and supplied through this wing to various PWD/WRD Divisions.
The Govt. of Tamil Nadu has issued orders on 24.08.2009 to hand over 8.5 acres land of P.W. Workshops and Stores to Health Department for expansion of Stanley Medical College.
As per Government order on 30.08.2010 & 29.11.2010, 137 (85 +52) workers were redeployed to various WRD/PWD Divisions.
Now, due to non availabilities of required land, Mechanical Engineers & other technical staff only the maintenance of Dams and procurement & condemnation of vehicles are being taken up.
Condemnation of Unserviceable Machineries
The Government as per G.O.(Ms) No.184 dt.13.7.12 has constituted a single technical committee with Chief Engineer, Operation & Maintenance, Chennai as Chairman to value the unserviceable machinery /vehicles/obsolete spares of various machinery available for condemnation in the Water Resources Department.
Water Utilisation Committee
The Technical Sub Committee is reconstituted vide G.O.Ms.no.701 dt 18.10.96. The Chief Engineer O&M is one of the member in the committee.
- The technical sub-committee should scrutinize the schemes to be placed before the water utilization committee before the scheme reports are finalized.
- The scheme reports of both water supply and irrigation which have been considered by the sub-committee should contain a specific paragraph about the clearance of the schemes by the technical sub-committee. In cases of difference of opinion in the sub-committee, the views of the members of the sub-committee should be incorporated in the scheme report.
VIII- Condemnation of Vehicles in PWD
- Government orders delegated permanent powers for condemnation vide G.O.(D) No. 414, P.W.(R1) Department, dt.30.07.07 and since then 136 were approved for condemnation and 31 vehicles was recommended for premature condemnation out of which G.O. has been obtained for 23 vehicles for premature condemnation. Proposals for condemning another 53 vehicles have been received and these vehicles are to be inspected for condemnation.
- In addition to the above, vehicles are procured and supplied through this wing to various W.R.D. Divisions.